Week #100 – Just…Breathe.
Greetings Happyness Tribe — and Happy Friday!
It’s August…and the weeks ahead are marked with “anniversaries.” As I look at my calendar, I’m reminded that these were the weeks where Rob’s health took rapid turns for the worse. ER visits, treatments, doctor’s appointments.
While the rest of the world was enjoying the season he loved so much, he was increasingly forced to stay inside and struggle for just…one…breath.
For me, the next few weeks…the end of August…will always be a profound reminder:
- A reminder to wring the very most I can out of life.
- A reminder to live it fully without apologies.
- A reminder to forget about what’s not important…and focus on what is.
- A reminder of how delicious life is…and how very temporary.
- A reminder of how precious each breath is…and how quickly it can be taken away.
- A reminder to just…breathe.
Your Happyness Challenge for the Week Ahead: Just…Breathe. The busyness of September is just ahead of us! Some kids are already heading back to school. Don’t let these weeks slip by without stopping for a moment to just…breathe! Get outside…watch a sunset, listen to kids play, feel the breeze across your skin, relish a thunderstorm, gaze at a rainbow. There may be a day when you’ll miss all of this. Don’t miss it now!
“Live each season as it passes; breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit, and resign yourself to the influences of each.” (Henry David Thoreau)
Spread Happyness — Just breathe! And share your thoughts in the comments!
8/12/16 by Grace Church
© Grace Church