Week #145 – Summer Fun Lists! (What’s in YOUR top ten?)
It’s that time of year again!
The Summer Solstice occurred on Wednesday night/Thursday morning. Proms and graduations are over. And the last few days of school are taking place.
Summer 2017 has officially arrived!
And I’m going to ask you again — are you PLANNING to have fun this summer?
There are exactly ten Fridays between now and Labor Day Weekend. And while adults are usually busy planning their kids’ summer fun — I’ve said it before: they often overlook their own!
And I want to make sure YOU have fun again this summer!
So I’m recapping last year’s list…37 random suggestions for FUN during the summer months. And I’ll say it again:
Don’t let the kids have all the fun!
The best way to teach others to have fun — is to have fun yourself!
Your Happyness Challenge for the Week Ahead: Make your Summer Fun Lists! What are the top ten ways you are planning to have fun this summer? Brainstorm by yourself, with your family, or with your friends. Then get planning! There are exactly ten Fridays between now and Labor Day weekend. Don’t let it pass you by! Make this the summer you take that trip, cross off that bucket list item, make that leap, try that thing, get serious about that project, or just get plain silly! Peruse this list, brainstorm with the family, share it with friends! And then report back — because it’s no fun to keep all the fun to yourself! 😉
Here are 37 random ideas to get you started:
37. Take a 3-4 hour “swamp walk” in the Florida Everglades
36. Have breakfast for dinner — or dinner for breakfast!
35. Tubing down the Delaware!
34. “One Tank Trips”
33. Surprise trip for spouse or loved one
31. Beach time
29. Tourist for the day in nearby city
28. Walking the boards
27. Rock climbing
26. Scuba diving
25. Touring an estate
24. Time with family
23. Sitting on the porch
22. Watching for rainbows
21. Learning to surf
19. Writing a book
18. Working on a “summer” project
17. Moving to a new town
16. Planning a spa day (or half-day, or even lunch hour)
15. Taking Fridays (or Mondays) off!
14. Day at the ballpark (Minor League stadiums are great, too!)
13. Outside concerts/music events
12. Hot air balloon ride/festival
11. Pool volleyball (a Church-family classic!)
10. Take yourself or someone you love for ice cream!
9. Weed your front yard garden (and talk with neighbors and folks walking by!)
8. Lose yourself in wonderful music, either listening or singing
7. Play in the grassy backyard
6. Play with your dog (or maybe your neighbor’s dog!)
5. Sing karaoke
4. Explore your town, county, state…through food and drink!
3. Visit a farm
2. Make plans to see friends you don’t often get to see (or schedule a gathering!)
1. Blind-folded Make-overs! (Great for a rainy day! Bonus points if you go out in public after!)
How do you plan to have FUN this summer?!
Spread Happyness — share your thoughts or ideas in the comments (or by email) and keep the list growing!
6/23/17 by Grace Church
© Grace Church