Week #48 – Summer Fun Challenge: “Just Watch!”
Greetings Happyness Tribe — and welcome to week NINE of our Summer Fun Challenge!
The summer is flying by! We’re having fun…playing games…riding the waves…getting stuff done…walking the boards…taking some lessons…and even getting some quiet time.
Good work, everyone!
If activity comes in waves…then the rest between “sets” is important. (A “set” is a group of waves within a swell.) As a surfer, that’s when you stop to catch your breath, assess your position, maybe rest your arms, and look out at the horizon. This is when you’ll see most surfers sitting up on their boards…waiting for the next set.
And while you’re doing that, you might just take a minute to look around for a second — and see something EXTRAORDINARY!
(Rob was known to paddle out…even on flat days…just to look around!)
This past week has been full of storms, rainbows, butterflies, sunflowers, and meteor showers…
…did you stop long enough to see any of it?!
Your assignment for this week: JUST WATCH! The week ahead is bound to bring you some sort of lull — a delay, jam, detour, long line, stall, set-back, or some kind of hold-up. Don’t just wait it out…WATCH! Watch for rainbows…watch the wildlife…watch your dogs run in the yard or your cat dreaming a dream. Watch the wind blow or the grass grow. But most important, watch your children or loved ones at work or at play. Whatever you do, open your eyes and be AWAKE to the world around you!
Don’t just wait…WATCH! (And get ready for the next set!)
Spread Happyness — and share your thoughts in the comments! What did you SEE this week?!
8/14/15 by Grace Church
© Grace Church
PS: THREE WEEKS TO GO! Our FUN LIST is still growing — keep ’em coming!!!
– Tubing down the Delaware! (Thanks, Jenn!)
– “One Tank Trips”
– Surprise trip for spouse or loved one
– Beach time
– Tourist for the day in nearby city
– Walking the boards
– Rock climbing
– Scuba diving
– Touring an estate
– Time with family
– Sitting on the porch
– Watching for rainbows
– Learning to surf
– Writing a book
– Working on a “summer” project
– Moving to a new town
– Planning a spa day (or half-day, or even lunch hour)
– Taking Fridays (or Mondays) off!
– Day at the ballpark (Minor League stadiums are great, too!)
– Outside concerts/music events
– Hot air balloon ride/festival
– Pool volleyball (a Church-family classic!)
– Take yourself or someone you love for ice cream!
– Weed your front yard garden (and talk with neighbors and folks walking by!)
– Lose yourself in wonderful music, either listening or singing
– Play in the grassy backyard
– Play with your dog (or maybe your neighbor’s dog!)
– Sing karaoke
– Explore your town, county, state…through food and drink!
– Visit a farm
– Make plans to see friends you don’t often get to see (or schedule a gathering!)
– Blind-folded Make-overs! (Great for a rainy day! Bonus points if you go out in public after!)
(What are we missing? Send me your ideas and I’ll add them to the list!)