Greetings Happyness Tribe — and welcome to week TWELVE of our Summer Fun Challenge!
WE MADE IT! Twelve weeks ago I challenged you to “come play with me” and make the commitment to have FUN this summer! Each Friday — as the weeks counted down to Rob’s anniversary — we made a conscious decision to focus on FUN! We rode the rides, walked the boards, surfed the waves, took a drive, got wet, found some quiet time, protected family time, took a lesson, planned a meal, sat and watched, and kept our dreams flying!
There’s only one thing left to do: CELEBRATE!!!
This weekend will mark the one year anniversary of Rob’s death. There are no words to describe to you what was going on in our world a year ago today…and there will be plenty of opportunity in the future to share the lessons we’ve learned since then. Today, one thing remains certain: I believe Rob’s legacy was his natural ability to spread happiness to anyone who was lucky enough to cross his path. And I don’t believe this ended with his death. Whether you knew him or not, I believe his light shines through each of us…every week…each and every time we choose happyness!
Your assignment for this week: “CELEBRATE!” Not only have we completed TWELVE WEEKS of Summer Fun Challenges…but together we have MADE IT through the entire year! It is so easy to look back at what we have lost — but this week I challenge all of us (myself included) to look back at the wins — and CELEBRATE! Did you have FUN this summer?! What were the highlights?! The successes? Are there new and precious memories to cherish? Did you try something new? Learn something amazing? Did you have a breakthrough? Did you touch the life of another person? Above all…did you SPREAD HAPPYNESS?!
Please join with me this weekend in celebrating the life, health, vitality, love, and friendship of the one and only Rob Church — by CELEBRATING your very own!
Spread Happyness — did you have FUN or WHAT?! Share your CELEBRATIONS in the comments!
To life! To love! To Happyness!
9/4/15 by Grace Church
© Grace Church
PS: WE DID IT! Our FUN LIST is complete! How many items did you check off?!
– Take a 3-4 hour “swamp walk” in the Florida Everglades — behind Clyde Butcher’s Everglades Gallery in Ochopee, FL! (Thanks, Ms. Whelan!)
– Have breakfast for dinner — or dinner for breakfast! (Thanks, Jeannette!)
– Tubing down the Delaware! (Thanks, Jenn!)
– “One Tank Trips”
– Surprise trip for spouse or loved one
– Beach time
– Tourist for the day in nearby city
– Walking the boards
– Rock climbing
– Scuba diving
– Touring an estate
– Time with family
– Sitting on the porch
– Watching for rainbows
– Learning to surf
– Writing a book
– Working on a “summer” project
– Moving to a new town
– Planning a spa day (or half-day, or even lunch hour)
– Taking Fridays (or Mondays) off!
– Day at the ballpark (Minor League stadiums are great, too!)
– Outside concerts/music events
– Hot air balloon ride/festival
– Pool volleyball (a Church-family classic!)
– Take yourself or someone you love for ice cream!
– Weed your front yard garden (and talk with neighbors and folks walking by!)
– Lose yourself in wonderful music, either listening or singing
– Play in the grassy backyard
– Play with your dog (or maybe your neighbor’s dog!)
– Sing karaoke
– Explore your town, county, state…through food and drink!
– Visit a farm
– Make plans to see friends you don’t often get to see (or schedule a gathering!)
– Blind-folded Make-overs! (Great for a rainy day! Bonus points if you go out in public after!)
(Thanks to all who submitted their ideas for this list! You make Happyness possible!)