Week #53 – The Next Wave
Greetings Happyness Tribe — and Welcome to Week #53!
A BIG thank you to everyone who took the time to respond to my survey questions last week — and to share your thoughts and ideas so generously! Your continued encouragement and support is appreciated — but your feedback is invaluable!!! There’s a lot of emotion tied up in this blog — and your objectivity was just what I needed. Without it, I wouldn’t know whether to stop or start — or how best to proceed.
Throughout the week I’ve poured over the responses, thoughtfully processing each one, and steadily tallying the feedback.
The single most frequent comment I received was this: KEEP GOING!!!
And so today, I’m ready to paddle out to catch another wave of Happyness in the year ahead!
But first — I’d like to share with you the top five remaining results of my little poll:
1. FRIDAY TIMING — Most of you mentioned that you like the Friday timing, that it’s a kickstart to your weekend, or that it helps put the focus on something positive as you transition from the work week. I’m glad this resonates with you — because the timing’s not accidental. Rob died on a Friday morning — so the post day/time honors his transition. I’m grateful to be able to continue with this timing!
2. OTHER STORIES — The second most frequent comment had to do with guest writers and/or other stories about Happyness in action. I’ve been toying with this idea myself and promise to give it more thought. While this blog was definitely inspired by Rob — I know there are many other Happyness-Spreaders out there and I’m eager to hear about them! If you know someone who fits the bill, please let me know and we’ll see how this idea develops!
3. PICTURES — The third most frequent comment was that you’ve enjoyed the weekly pictures of Rob and the family stories that go along with them. This is good to know — especially as I’m trying to expand the blog to other stories. Hopefully I’ll be able to strike the right balance!
4. CHARITY/GIVING — The fourth most frequent comment had to do with paying it forward — and many of you remembered the 50 for #50 virtual toy drive last year. One of the most interesting questions I received was “What would Rob want?” Other than getting his life/health back — Rob frequently said to me, “Grace…if I get through this, I want to help other people.” Sadly, he didn’t get through it — but we did. It’s my hope that we can continue to carry that torch forward, as well!
5. COMMUNITY — The fifth most frequent comment had to do with community. Whether we get together online or in-person — it seems many of you are looking to connect with others who are committed to Happyness. There are many ways of accomplishing this — and I’ll be noodling on this one for sure!
Your challenge for this week: GIVE SOMEONE A PUSH! You’ve blessed me with encouragement, support, and the honest feedback I asked for in order to push forward. Now…go out and give someone else that extra push into their next wave! When someone asks you for feedback or your opinion, don’t hold back. Give ’em your best! (And don’t be afraid to ask for help if YOU need a push! Just remember…not everyone is a cheerleader. Asking for help can be hard…so proceed with caution!)
Spread Happyness — encourage someone to KEEP GOING! (YOU may be just the push they need this week!)
And remember — share your thoughts in the comments!
To Life! To Love! To Happyness!
9/18/15 by Grace Church
© Grace Church