Week #90 – Summer Fun List! (37 random ways to have fun this summer)
Last year this time — I asked you to share your ideas and plans for FUN over the summer.
And for TWELVE WEEKS we counted down different ways to enjoy ourselves. Because while adults are usually busy planning their kids’ summer fun — they often overlook their own!
And I want to make sure YOU have fun again this summer!
So I’m recapping the final list…37 random suggestions for FUN during the summer months. And I’ll say it again: I know you have things to do, to see, to get done. Maybe you’re even planning things so that your kids/family/friends/coworkers are sure to have a good time.
Don’t forget to make plans for YOU to have fun, too!
Because as I said last year: the best way to teach others to have fun — is to have fun yourself!
Your Happyness Challenge for the Week Ahead: How do you plan to have FUN this summer? We have a full THIRTEEN WEEKS ahead of us! And while I know some of you may groan at the reminder that summer is limited…the seasons serve to remind us that time is fleeting. Not just with weather…but with life. We never know what tomorrow, or next month, or next year will bring. Don’t let it pass you by! Make this the summer you take that trip, cross off that bucket list item, make that leap, try that thing, get serious about that project, or just get plain silly! Peruse this list, brainstorm with the family, share it with friends! And report back — because it’s no fun to keep all the fun to yourself! 😉
Experience is a commodity. Trade wisely! Here are 37 random ideas to get you started:
37. Take a 3-4 hour “swamp walk” in the Florida Everglades
36. Have breakfast for dinner — or dinner for breakfast!
35. Tubing down the Delaware!
34. “One Tank Trips”
33. Surprise trip for spouse or loved one
31. Beach time
29. Tourist for the day in nearby city
28. Walking the boards
27. Rock climbing
26. Scuba diving
25. Touring an estate
24. Time with family
23. Sitting on the porch
22. Watching for rainbows
21. Learning to surf
19. Writing a book
18. Working on a “summer” project
17. Moving to a new town
16. Planning a spa day (or half-day, or even lunch hour)
15. Taking Fridays (or Mondays) off!
14. Day at the ballpark (Minor League stadiums are great, too!)
13. Outside concerts/music events
12. Hot air balloon ride/festival
11. Pool volleyball (a Church-family classic!)
10. Take yourself or someone you love for ice cream!
9. Weed your front yard garden (and talk with neighbors and folks walking by!)
8. Lose yourself in wonderful music, either listening or singing
7. Play in the grassy backyard
6. Play with your dog (or maybe your neighbor’s dog!)
5. Sing karaoke
4. Explore your town, county, state…through food and drink!
3. Visit a farm
2. Make plans to see friends you don’t often get to see (or schedule a gathering!)
1. Blind-folded Make-overs! (Great for a rainy day! Bonus points if you go out in public after!)
How do you plan to have FUN this summer?!
Spread Happyness — share your thoughts or ideas in the comments (or by email) and keep the list growing!
6/3/16 by Grace Church
© Grace Church